PTC Computer Solutions is always looking at data for our customers and for us to have a better idea of what people are looking for. We often attend Ideal Living conferences to ascertain what people are involved in and what they tend towards. In this recent report from them, there are some new insights for us to take note of. The feedback from thousands of retirees attending some of the most recent shows gleaned several interesting updates on these buyer’s habits.
They were overwhelmingly looking to escape the ever increasing tax burden shared by residents from many states across the northeast & mid-west. This data, cross tabbed with information on the migration patterns of these affluent buyers looking to purchase property elsewhere, reveals some important buyer habits and helps to maximize developer & builder exposure.
Some data from recent surveys of these Retiree Buyers gives us some insights:
- 33% plan to purchase within the next year (14% increase over 2019)
- 89% plan on taking advantage of Discovery Travel (11% increase over 2019)
- 67% plan to travel/visit communities this spring
- 52% indicate that 55+ communities were important to them
- 82% indicate that lowering their taxes was important regarding their buying decision
- 67% indicate that nearby quality health care access was extremely important
- 85%+ indicate that both walking trails & wellness/fitness were top desired amenities
- 80% of attendees are active on Facebook
- 38% of attendees feel they could sell their home in under 3 months
The data shows us that the retirement market is hotter than ever. If you’re not marketing to retirees to some extent, you’re missing a large target market. If you’re not going after the retiree market as a primary share of your offerings, you should provide a minimum of your product line to them. Keep a diverse product offering that includes some retiree offerings and you will be helping yourself.
If you don’t know exactly how to handle retirees in your product offerings, Parker Associates has spent the last 38 years providing information to developers and builders on exactly how to do that. Contact us if you want to get down to details on how you can provide for the retiree market. We’re always available and at the ready.
PTC Computer Solutions advises businesses on technology that might help their interests. If your business is interested in getting ahead of the competition, contact us for more on how to use technology to your advantage. It’s what we do.
David WB Parker is a principal of Parker Associates of Jacksonville, Florida, marketing consultants to the real estate industry; President of PTC Computer Solutions, IT Specialist, and an active real estate sales professional with Barclay’s Real Estate Group based in Jacksonville, FL. He can be reached at 904-607-8763 or via email email@example.com.