Most websites fall well short of fulfilling their basic objective. A website is a marketing tool, but many businesses use it as a personal conveyance. It’s a product of our times to voice our personal perspectives, but your website is not the place for it. Everything we interact with on the Internet feels very personal, but don’t fall into that trap. Your business website, much like the vehicle you drive is a statement that is directly attached to you and your company. That can be bad…but it should be very good. A website designed and developed for your company’s specific needs is essential and the essentials are critical.
In today’s day and age, your top priority must be your website. Your website is a direct reflection of you and your business. Creating a professional website designed to sell will take a great deal of time and effort, as there is much more to take into consideration than design. You must look at a much broader picture and specifically design your website to sell. As per Web Source, there are some Website Essentials you should be aware of.
- You must have a professional looking website. Your website is the most important sales tool you have. Your visitor’s first impression will almost instantly determine whether or not you’re going to make a sale. A professional website should be pleasing to the eyes, well organized, easy to navigate and load quickly.
- You must specifically design your website to rank high in the Search Engines. This involves much more than just including META tags. Your KEYWORDS, TITLE, IMAGE ALT tags, Text and overall design, all play an important roll in determining how your website will rank.
- You must use effective sales copy. Your words are the entire foundation of your business. Most business failures are the result of ineffective copy. Whether it is your website, sales letters or advertisements, your words play a major role in determining your success. When writing your website copy, use the following formula:
- Attention – Use a powerful headline that demands attention
- Interest – Generate interest and create curiosity
- Detail – Provide details about your product or service
- Action – Call for action
- Drive traffic to your site. In order to create a steady stream of traffic to your website, give your visitors a reason to visit and continue to visit in the future. You must provide your visitors with fresh content on a continual basis. Content comes in various forms, such as news, articles, tips, horoscopes, weather, etc. and is freely available on the Internet. Your content should blend in well with the focus of your website and be updated on a regular basis.
- Syndication services provide free content from a wide variety of sources. You simply place a small line of code within the HTML of your web page and each of the following services provide fresh content for you. The great thing about syndication services is that once you’ve placed the code, you don’t have to worry about updating the content, as it is automatically updated.
- Provide free instruction. Your website is the storefront for your product or service. You must convince your visitors that they need the product or service you’re offering. This can be accomplished by providing your visitors with free helpful advice and instruction in the form of an article, tutorial, free ebook or free autoresponder course.
- Display your testimonials. You must gain your visitors trust. By displaying customer testimonials, you are boosting your potential customer’s confidence in you and your product or service. You can either create a web page to display all of your testimonials or use a script to rotate them on your main page.
- Let your visitors know who you are. Provide complete information in regard to your company including, address, phone number and email addresses to request information and support.
- Tell your visitors about their privacy. Create a page on your website called, “Privacy Statement,” and let your visitors know exactly what you do with the personal information you collect.
- Provide a sample or trial of your product or service. For example, if you’re offering a Search Engine optimization service, provide a free META tag analysis at your website. Not only will this increase your sales, but it will drive more traffic to your site as well.
- Remove the risk. To further increase your sales, you must remove the risk by providing a guarantee. A guarantee will boost your potential customer’s confidence in purchasing your products or services.
A professional website specifically designed to sell is one the most important factors in determining your success. Take your time and make sure you’re looking at the complete picture before you begin. If you’re not secure in your abilities to create your own website, rather than risk the potential success of your business, consider hiring a professional web designer such as PTC Computer Solutions. Your success depends on it.
PTC Computer Solutions works extensively on understanding the Needs of Our Clients and what they are looking for so that a website specific to their needs and objectives is designed and developed for that purpose and that the SEO and Email Campaigns are correctly targeted and effective. Website and Email content is KING and SEO is an ever evolving strategy. Don’t fail to meet your objectives with your website and don’t let your Emails and SEO be stagnant and boring. You’ll lose your audience. Keep it relevant, recent, and exciting. Having a website that has the kind of SEA (Search Engine Awareness) you are looking for is something that needs continuous effort and Emails that EXCITE are hard to create. Train your employees or hire an agency that can handle it for you such as PTC Computer Solutions.
As edited and modified by David WB Parker, President and Founder of PTC Computer Solution.
If you are looking to get noticed on the Internet but don’t know where to begin, let PTC Computer Solutions help you get started or help improve your current website and website marketing plan and budget. Among everything else we do, PTC can plan a full marketing strategy and budget for your company and complete any marketing efforts, web or otherwise, you wish to achieve in order to deliver a consistent and effective message to your prospects.
By David W. B. Parker
PTC Computer Solutions