Look Competitive by Staying SHARP
After you’ve spent all the time, effort, and money on getting people and other businesses to notice you, it would be a shame if you then portrayed yourself poorly. It’s important to understand what other people see. Not how you see yourself, but how others see you.
Take the average homebuyer looking online to buy a home. Home shoppers on Zillow, Trulia and other services are researching homes — and agents. For example, in October 2019, more than 1.06 billion homes were viewed on Zillow mobile – that’s 396 homes per second. And, nearly 40% of people who visited Zillow and/or Trulia in the past 12 months are planning to buy and/or sell a home in the next 12 months. That’s just the data talking. The facts are clear, but what about how they perceive you.
Long-term success begins with a competitive profile. Differentiating yourself in a world of millions of other agents and businesses is the key to building your brand, establishing yourself as a local expert and influencing customers to contact you over another agent or business.
The best agents and businesses utilize some of the best practices. The best practices are those that leverage the SHARP model. The key to driving consistent lead flow is a strong profile. Keep it SHARP!
Sales, Headshot, Advertising Markets, Reviews, and Professional Bio.
- Sales. Recent sales demonstrate your local market expertise and experience. Customers use this criteria to choose the right agent to contact for their real estate needs. Make sure every transaction you close is noted in your profile or website.
- Headshot. Customers are looking for a relatable and service-focused specialist. Make sure your image is professional. People like to work with people they like, so make it professional but friendly.
- Advertising markets. Success in one ZIP code doesn’t always translate to success in another. The strength of your profile is relative to the market in which you appear. If your profile is stronger than the competition, you have a much greater chance of seeing success in the market. Complete a competitive assessment to increase your chances of success as you expand your business.
- Reviews. Reviews have arguably the largest impact on your profile effectiveness. Customers want to work with a professional who has received praise from other buyers and sellers.
- Professional bio. Your professional bio is a great way to connect with potential clients and showcase your credibility and the value of your services. Highlight specialties, expertise, credentials, accomplishments and memberships.
Invest in a professional headshot.
A high-quality, professional picture will drive more leads. Follow these tips:
- Avoid using a team photograph; feature the CEO — you!
- Make sure to smile. People want to work with someone they’ll enjoy spending time with during the purchasing process.
- Display an inviting posture, which conveys your commitment to customer service.
Write a clear, concise professional bio.
- Organize information into categories — don’t write sprawling paragraphs of text. Keep it simple…stupid (KISS) is the best way to go here. People don’t read anymore.
- List the most critical information first — potential clients can only see about seven lines of text without clicking More to reveal your full bio.
- If you’re on a team, make it clear. As you scale your business, people might reach out expecting to work directly with you.
- Grammar matters! Consider hiring a writer or an editor if you have concerns about your ability to accurately and persuasively express your value.
You can use apps to manage your profile and keep buyers and sellers engaged while on the go or just do it yourself. But, apps such as the Zillow App are free to any real estate agent with an agent profile on Zillow. You can also use it to manage your listings, upload photos and request reviews. Just make sure you are on top of it and continuously offering something new to the viewer.
Contact us here at PTC Computer Solutions to help understand the retail market and business technology of today. For more on the ever evolving Retail market and how to stay involved and relevant, contact us today. We work hard to stay ahead of the cutting edge and can assist your projects in understanding where you should be putting your efforts.
David WB Parker is a principal of Parker Associates of Jacksonville, Florida, marketing consultants to the real estate industry; President of PTC Computer Solutions, IT Specialist, and an active real estate sales professional with Barclay’s Real Estate Group based in Jacksonville, FL. He can be reached at 904-607-8763 or via email email@example.com.